Summary and suggestion

Summary and suggestion
A.   Purposes of practicum 
The purpose of practicum here is to add to my experience in teaching in the classroom, I learned a lot while here. the students here are very active which makes me have to do a way to keep the classroom atmosphere fun and also not impressed rigidly motivates me to be creative, innovative, and must be confident in the teaching and learning process. Before the process of teaching in class I made a lasson plan first, in the Philippines had teaching procedures in accordance with the existing curriculum diphilippine. Here the study time is different from schools in Indonesia, here one subject only takes 40 minutes while in Indonesia one time entering into a class for high class requires 3x 35 minutes. The purpose of practicum here is to feel the differences in the curriculum in philippine and add new experiences in the teaching and learning process.


B.   Procedures of practicum 
Procedure of practicum in this cpu is with Maximum 1 lesson time using 40 minutes, after 40 minutes we have to replace the other subjects according to the scheduled lessons.
For a few weeks here I observed in the classroom, paying attention to how the teacher taught in class, I also observed students in the class. I taught in class for 2 full days from morning to evening, for one day I taught 5 classes in turn. I learned how to manage time in class etc.
Before I teach, I observe my teacher first in the class, interpreting the way how a teacher handles class management when the class is noisy, when the class is not conducive, how to lead a student's opinion to stay focused, how do students not get bored when in class arrangements etc. . After a few weeks of observing at school I learned a lot about the skills of a teacher when dealing with students in class. Now when I teach I practice what the teacher does and put it into practice directly. For example when a child is seen as not conducive in the classroom, the teacher issues a code for silence: (for example by raising hands together and doing movements such as locking the mullut then saying "close your mouth") or when we teach and ask students then they raise their hands to answer questions which was raised by the teacher, they only raised their hands and not noisy after that the teacher who chose students stated the answer to the question. Well when it's noisy the teacher says "please close your mouth, don't be noisy, if you know the answer up your hand". this is one way for children to be active and orderly in the classroom. (The procedure is to make a lasson plan, what methods you want to use when teaching, giving motivation, reviewing previous lessons, core material, giving questions, conclusions, closing.)
In addition to observing class activities and teaching practices there, we also studied culture, tried phillipne specialties, went to the governor's office for meetings with members of the Indonesian seones and went to the tourist attractions in the Philippines. We know and learn everything through cpu coordinators, schools, teachers and students.

C.  Outcomes of practicum 
The results obtained during here I can train my skills in teaching, I can learn how to make a lasson plan, I also learn how to class management, how to make the classroom look more fun etc. In addition, I can also add networks of friends, create new experiences with new friends, so I give to ask to use English here as well as train me to hone my skills.

D.  The challenges of practicum
The challenges of paracticum in philippines are very interesting, this is my first time teaching in class and using English. Here the system used in class uses English, so this is my chance to teach using English. Because the times are already clear I use the internet to find teaching material that I will teach, then I also use google translate, using google translate here makes it easier for me while I am in the Philippines.

E.   Overall impression
My immpreson here is very much, here I learn how I have to interact with new people using English which trains me to be more courageous in using English in daily life, getting acquainted and making friends with new people, training myself to be independent. I learned a lot about the culture in Philippine, came out of my comfort zone, learned new languages such as Tagalog, there are a number of Tagalog languages like Indonesia but different meanings, and here we also get very complete facilities ranging from rooms, wifi, cooking utensils etc. Here I learned a lot about the education system in Philippine, students in Philippine were invested in character education which required students to be active and have the courage to raise opinions. Overall, students are required to be creative, active, independent, compact, etc.

F.   Suggestions for future improvement
Everything its good and works according to the procedure provided. Thank you 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Learning Math is Fun!